The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ Model
THE FIVE BEHAVIORS OF A COHESIVE TEAM™ is an assessment-based learning experience that helps individuals and organizations reveal what it takes to build a truly cohesive and effective team in the most approachable, competent, and effective way possible. Powered by Everything DiSC®, the profiles help participants understand their own DiSC® styles. Bringing together everyone’s personalities and preferences to form a cohesive, productive team takes work, but the payoff can be huge—for individuals, the team, and the organization.
The single most untapped competitive advantage is teamwork.
To gain this advantage, teams must:
- Trust One Another
When team members are genuinely transparent and honest with one another, they are able to build vulnerability-based trust.
- Engage in Conflict Around Ideas
When there is trust, team members are able to engage in unfiltered, constructive debate of ideas.
- Commit to Decisions
When team members are able to offer opinions and debate ideas, they will be more likely to commit to decisions.
- Hold One Another Accountable
When everyone is committed to a clear plan of action, they will be more willing to hold one another accountable.
- Focus on Achieving Collective Results
The ultimate goal of building greater trust, conflict, commitment, and accountability is one thing: the achievement of results.
What does this program do?
The program helps teams understand how, as a team, they score on the key components of The Five Behaviors model: trust, conflict, commitment, accountability, and results. Each individual on the team will also understand their own personality style and their team members styles, based on the DiSC® model: D: Dominance, i: Influence, S: Steadiness, and C: Conscientiousness, and how their style contributes to the team’s overall success.
Who is it for?
The program is designed exclusively for intact teams and work groups. The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team harnesses the power of Everything DiSC and the clarity and simplicity of The Five Dysfunctions of a Team model.
How does it work?
The Five Behaviors Model is used to help team members learn to work together more efficiently and effectively and become a more cohesive team. A productive, high-functioning team:
- Makes better, faster decisions
- Taps into the skills and opinions of all members
- Avoids wasting time and energy on politics, confusion, and destructive conflict
- Avoids wasting time talking about the wrong issues and revisiting the same topics over and over again because of a lack of buy-in
- Creates a competitive advantage
- Is more fun to be on!
The program includes:
- Facilitator’s Guide with 7 modules
- PowerPoint® with over 40 minutes of video
- Participant handouts with activities
- Take-away cards for each of The Five Behaviors
- Podcasts, online resources, and a research report